Friday, January 4, 2013

Mr. Mustard's Cafe: Renewing an Old Tradition

No one felt more special today than my little Annie! ... For today Mamma restored a tradition that she began long ago:  to take each child out to breakfast every other Friday during the school year.  (I learned about this awesome tradition from one of my students from Sacred Heart Academy long ago who was born into such a large family that this tradition was the only time she had alone with her mom, ... it was so special to her she wrote her college application essay about it.)  From now until my girls go off to college, every Friday school-morning, I will be taking either Annie or Leia (one every other week) out to Mr. Mustard's Cafe in Hendersonville.  It's a fairly fancy place with a Beatles theme VERY close to school.  Great service, great food, & even GREATER company  :)  It's a special time for each of my children individually, ... and since this is Annie's first year at Immaculata, I let her go first.  We had a wonderful morning talking about everything from school to stuffed animals!  Just look at my little, special Annie sipping her orange juice!!!  :)

2 comments:

Nina said...

And what is the other sister doing while one is having breakfast?

Noelle said...

The "other sister" is having special "Daddy time." :) Basically this involves driving to school while listening to John Williams scores. ;) The girls adore their daddy!