Tuesday, August 20, 2019

The Kissing Hand 2019

I realized today that I had never taken a picture of reading this book. (My sweet pre-teen Annie at least let me read it while she was getting her bookbag ready this year.) This was such a special gift from Leia's Godparents (Natalie & Greg) when Leia started school. It is a book about Chester the Racoon who is afraid to go to school until his mom gives him the "kissing hand," which is a kiss he saves in the palm of his hand. The book comes with stickers, and both girls have gotten one on the first day of school from preschool on. In the early days, they kept it on the back of their hand after I gave them a kissing hand from ME. Now they keep it on a keychain or a zipper pull, BUT I still read the book the night before the first day of school, and I will continue to, until the girls go to college. After the first day, I try to remember to retrieve them and stick them back on the book, no matter what condition they're in. One of them was on a booking for the entire year! This is the one for Annie's 7th grade year, on a Keychain. 

No comments: