Thursday, April 14, 2022

Menopause Through Hysterectomy

 Just like my aunt and grandmother, today was the day that I had to have a hysterectomy. My periods have always been regular but recently they have been 7 days with me losing an ounce of blood an hour. My period maintenance item of choice was always the diva cup which holds a full ounce of blood. That is how I knew I was losing that much an hour.  Because of what happened to my paternal grandmother, which was not removing the ovaries when she had a hysterectomy, She ended up getting a variant cancer. So I told myself that I would have a complete history with everything removed. But I told the Doctor I wanted to see a picture because my babies grew in there!  So pictures follow with the description of what everything is. You can also see the reason for the blood loss due to a huge fibroid. What would follow would be 1 year of many hot flashes a day, about 3 an hour. By 2 years later I was down to only 2 or 3 a day.  And I did it all without hormonal medication! Elaine gave me a nice Spring decoration which if you turn it around I saved the picture there.

No comments: