Saturday, March 11, 2023

The Great Conjunction of Jupiter & Saturn : The Anticipation Modern Star of Bethlehem 2020

I have been waiting for this astronomical event for DECADES!  I remember being in college and looking up the next time the planets would align just like when Jesus was born, and learned that it would be in 2020. It seemed so far away! But I knew that I would be around and could see it! Since then I have been waiting. Further, every time I watch the movie or read the book The Dark Crystal, the great conjunction in that movie is spoken of in high regard. It makes me think of this as well. It just so happens that I am on this earth for the great conjunction that is the closest to the one in 1 AD of Jupiter, Saturn & Mars. And "the last time that the two planets were easily observable when separated by less than 0.1 degrees was almost 800 years ago, during the great conjunction of 1226." Yes, Mars is not part of our conjunction this time, BUT Jupiter and Saturn won't do this again until 2080, which is an anomaly in itself (because the next one won't be until 2874), ... and I will be long gone. What a blessing to observe this event and share it with my two children! Here are some pictures of the event. My photos (the bad ones at the end), don't do the event justice, but I am glad I took them! The modern Star of Bethlehem :  a sign of hope in these dark times of Covid.

No comments: