Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Leia's First Day of First Grade

I had tears in my eyes this morning as I looked at my little Catholic schoolgirl! : ) Mrs. Breerwood (the new principal) held out her arms to Leia as she entered the building and said, "How can you NOT want to teach THIS!?!" : ) The most amazing thing about the day? Leia Rose came home bursting with excitement about what the Friars had told them at assembly: "They said that when they become friars, they leave their family, but that's okay because now WE are their family!" Gosh, I'm glad my children are growing up among the religious! : ) Secondly, an interesting activity today was that each child was given a paper "person" with his or her name on it, then they were to place the person where in the world he or she visited. Now, consider all of our numerous travels this summer. Guess what Leia Rose picked? The visit to Buffalo to visit Great Grandma Betty! No one was happier than me that my child chose a visit to extended family as her most memorable trip of the summer!




Meanwhile, at home, Annie and I got to do some work on our own. I had gotten a really wonderful preschool workbook perfect for her age. We're doing a few sheets every day along with reading and other fun activities. Today it was a raisin book (where you place the raisins to make pictures), sorting laundry into "light and dark," and then washing the car! : )

In this picture, I think Annie looks just like me when I was two.

1 comment:

Nina said...

Awesome! What an exciting day for everyone!!!