Monday, June 7, 2010

Leia Learns to Ride a Two-Wheeler

Starting our new summer regimen, we went to Etowah Park today to have Leia begin to practice riding a two-wheeler (apart from her practice on the porch, I mean). There is a really slight grassy hill at the park, which I thought would be a good place to start. We brought the $10 bike I bought at a garage sale for Leia to learn, . . . and we walked up to the top of the hill, and I said, "Okay, Leia, now we're going to try this and I am going to let go of you, so you'll probably fall, but it's very grassy here, so you'll be just fine. You'll get right back up and try again." She was ready. Leia got on, I pushed her, . . . and she rode!!! Here she is riding away! The very first time!!! (Of course, Leia must have already learned on our porch, we could just never be sure because she could never get up enough speed to continue.) Annie joined Leia as she graduated to the basketball and tennis courts: Annie on her "kitty bike" and Leia on her new purple butterfly bike (although I admit that Leia still prefers the $10 one). All-in-all these are simply fabulous early summer mornings with our new bike rider!

\




1 comment:

Nina said...

That is FABULOUS!!!! I can't wait for Kevin to learn to ride!