Wednesday, July 14, 2010

The End of an Era

My face here says it all: bittersweetness. Here we are putting away all of the girls' treasured baby toys to save for when they have children of their own. And there were some: the symphony star stacker, the busy bee cloth books, the silver rattle, Leia's "splitter cord," Annie's teething dragonfly, Leia's purple teapot from Santa, and Annie's "nail fing" (just to name a few) that I couldn't bear to put in storage. So until I have time to make a real shadowbox, I have them hanging on the top of the miniature shelf or on the hutch. Oh, I'll never forget Alan's & Cassie's faces when they saw Leia Rose play with a cord splitter for TWO HOURS when we went out to eat when Leia was one. Here she is playing with it again. And then it was time to yell "surprise" from the storage box!


1 comment:

Nina said...

LOL

It is good and bad that I saved Karin's and Greg's toys. The bad is that they have deteriorated over the years, plus I do not often have grandkids coming to use them.