Friday, December 24, 2010

A Letter from Santa?!?


The girls woke up on Christmas Eve to find a letter from Santa and two small gifts adorning their stockings! You see, the girls spend the weeks before Christmas longing to take a ride on Santa's sleigh. *sigh* Santa can't possibly give everyone a ride every year. In the past, he has taken the girls while they were sleeping. Not this year:

My dear ones, my Leia and Annie, you both make such nice Christmas lists!
Leia rose the one you gave at the Santa breakfast was just wonderful: not too
much, not too little. And let me say that, Annie, I really loved your “letters”
to Santa! I will keep them in my pocket tonight and think of you.

I have heard your sweet prayers for a sleigh ride. I have heard your requests for gifts and plan to grant them all, but I do have a request for Christmas eve.

For the past two years, we have gone up in my sleigh with some wonderful and fun
results! But this year I have gotten a very special request from a very poor
child on a continent called Africa. Believe it or not, Her name is Elizabeti,
and she is a lot like the Elizabeti in the books of yours that I found upstairs.
Elizabeti lives in Tanzania. She is an amazing child, full of wonder and the
spirit of Christmas, for this is the first year she has known the love of Jesus.
She is eight years old, just like you, Leia, and has just received her first
communion. I pray that Elizabeti will someday find the same grace in God that
you two girls have found.

Do you think you could give a very special Christmas gift from two special children to another by giving up your trip on my sleigh this year to give little Elizabeti a chance? It is the only thing she wants for Christmas, and I am only able to give one ride a year. I am sure she would be so very grateful, … grateful enough to bring you something special that her and her mother make by hand. I will let her take it right up to your room. And I would be grateful enough to send an extra special toy to remind you of this wonderful gift you have given.

Just pray to me this evening, and I will know your answer. Thank you for your graciousness and your love of little baby Jesus. I will send His love on this Christmas eve!

Meanwhile, here is a little sample of tomorrow! Enjoy girls!

Love, Santa

No comments: