Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Fun at HOME (w/ Potty Training)

Look at my ingenious invention!!! It's a FREE water table that I made myself!!! Instead of buying a $50 dollar one that the girls wanted like the one in Buffalo, . . . I just had to consider our finances (which are scant these days) and use my creativity. Although I think the biggest draw for the girls is being naked. Ha! And if you see the potty chair in the background, you can see that I am trying desperately to potty train Annie. It's hard. Annie is a "dripper," which means she will sit on the potty and make one drop. She gets so excited that she stops, . . . and then drips in her pants. Ah well, with the help of trainers and rubber pants, she can just be uncomfortable until she learns. Good luck, Annie!

Another fun thing was that Mamma set up a really cool slip-n-slide in the yard! And since our yard is so sloped, you didn't even have to run! Annie, however, was really afraid for some reason. She opted to play in the Elmo sprinkler, . . . which had to be used instead of the slide water system because of the low pressure from our sink faucet. (If we use the outdoor spicket, the water is so cold that the girls would boycott the fun.) (And just a note to remember how much I love my kids, . . . it took me hours to set up this slide. This is mostly because they were brand new, . . . and I put two together to make it longer and more fun, . . . and because when I hooked it up in the basement the hoses broke and we flooded the whole room, . . . and then I had to switch it to the upstairs kitchen sink. So in case they ever wonder, . . . yeah, I love my children!)


And another cool and exciting thing that happened, . . . one evening we had marble sized hail!!! Thank goodness for our carport under the porch!!!

1 comment:

Nina said...

The flood sounds like quite the adventure! Sorry....
Annie will catch on when she wants to. That is key! Don't sweat it until then. She will not go to Kindergarten with a diaper!!!