Tuesday, April 30, 2024

Filming The Chosen Season 5 : Day 1 & 2 Jesus Flips the Tables

The first 2 days of filming we participated in "the flipping of the tables" scene in the temple. We were right there when Jesus flipped the tables and cracked the whip! 
My "background reset" set the first day. The sheep fold is to the left. Jesus would appear with the whip right above the shoulder of the lady in front of me.
Then when to the right of the sheep-fold, here was my totally illegal shot. After one take, through the wood bars of rhe fold,  I took this picture of Jonathan Roumie walking away with Dallas, the director, to the left.
 Then above is the view to my left on the 2nd day of filming when I was in the crowd, and below is the view to my right on the 2nd day of filming. This was when Jesus confronted the pharisees, When he told them that it was by his own authority that he would rebuild the temple.

In review;  Over the first 2 days I was standing in a few different spots one was right behind the sheep fold by the 2 children, 1 was to the right of the sheep fold when Jesus frees the sheep and says we're part of the problem, But the main one for the full 2nd day was in the crowd in front of the sheep's fold. In each case jesus cracked the whip and shouted at us and then confronted the pharisees before walking out with us shouting, "Hosanna to the son of David!" I must have walked back and forth by Atticus 20 times.There was even a part where I am in the background of a stunt where the bird vendor falls into his cages and the birds are set free.

Some of the time, I was standing right by the sheep-fold and obtained 4 small "props" that were truly trash: some hay from the sheep-fold, some tiny dried flowers from a clay pot that was thrown down, a few stones from the outside of the temple tracked in from outside.: And my prize posession: one of the tiny coins from the flipped tables. On a later day, they announced that we weren't supposed to take those (the rest of the items I had would have been swept up as trash), but I already had the coin back in Salt Lake, So i wasn't able to return it. I made a large donation to The Chosen instead.

PLEASE SEE LATER POST WITH SCREENSHOTS OF THE EPISODE ONCE IT IS RELEASED.

No comments: