Saturday, February 5, 2011

Buffalo via One Horse Open Sleigh

I can't tell you how EXCITED I was to share this once-in-a-lifetime experience with my girls! Today we were literally "dashing through the snow, in a one-horse open sleigh, o'er the fields we go, laughing all the way"!!! And you can bet that we sang that song ("Jingle Bells") most of the way! The last time I was in Buffalo in the winter (when I was 11), I got to do this as well because Grandpa Whiskers set it up. Well, my awesome cousins (Nikki and David), helped me find this wonderful experience, and there you go! : ) The irony was, ... it was only 32 degrees! BALMY!!! I came prepared with hand and foot warmers, ... that actually bordered on making us too HOT! Ha! (When I was 11, I had the bad experience of having my feet and legs go numb on this ride, ... didn't want that to happen to the girls.) The whole thing was wonderful, ... we even got a lessons in antique sleigh bells and bobbed tails of the horses. Annie's favorite part of the ride was jingling these bells, and staring out ahead dreamily. Leia's favorite part was leaning over the side of the sleigh watching the runners go through the snow (my little scientist), something she had never seen before. And at the end, there was hot chocolate waiting for us and some of those huge piles of snow to climb on!










2 comments:

Nina said...

WHERE was this???? Very special!!!

Noelle said...

This was at Andrusz Carriage Service otherwise know as Buffalo Horse Drawn. A GREAT farm and trail only 20 minutes away! LOVED it!