Saturday, February 5, 2011

Winter Whirlwind to Niagara Falls

Okay, this little trip truly made the day "too much." Ha! (Annie's face here says it all.) BUT, again, I have NEVER seen Niagara Falls in winter, ... and further, I never plan to see Niagara Falls in the winter again! So, ... it had to be done. The problem was, I drove there, ... alone, ... with the girls, ... in a snowstorm. I am going to admit it was scary. I couldn't see the road by the time I got there, come to think of it, I didn't see any other people or cars either (which freaked me out) and I didn't want to take the time to find the closest parking lot, ... so the poor kids had to trudge 1/4 mile along the Niagara River to the falls. It was fine, ... and fun to see the snow and ice floating along the rapids. And it was a grand sight when we got there! I'm SO glad we did it. But then Mamma got really scared, ... scared bridges were going to be closed, ... scared I couldn't get back. And poor Annie was REALLY tired of walking, ... with snow blowing in her face. The girls were such troopers, ... God bless them! And, believe it or not, I made it back fine. In fact, I stood in awe of all of these people who just drove right through five inches of snow, thinking nothing of it. They just went slow.

No comments: