Thursday, September 24, 2015

The Many Relics at the Basillica (WMOF Papal Pilgrimage to Philadelphia 2015)

Probably the coolest things in the Basilica itself were the relics on display inside. We saw relics of Saint Therese and Saint Gianna (both very important to the WMOF) because we know so much about their own families, as well as Saint John Paul II and Therese's parents. I also included a photo of a special stained glass window at Immaculate Conception from home because of something really significant that I learned on this trip. In short, the window contains Saint John Paul II canonizing Mother Theresa. It is the image of John Paul II that is the most interesting. It doesn't look like him at all. I never thought so. Then, after Francis became Pope, I realized, ... IT LOOKS LIKE FRANCIS! The eyes are the most telling: John Paul II has BLUE eyes. The eyes of this figure are most definitely the BROWN eyes of Pope Francis. Every time I pass this window (which I try and do every day), I blow three kisses, one for the prayer intentions for image involved.

No comments: