Tuesday, January 20, 2009

First Mountain Snow Day (?!?)


Leia was even excited to find one (very dirty) icicle. ; )



Just look how much the girls loved having a real snowball fight with Mamma!!!


But the girls' favorite part of the morning really didn't have anything to do with the snow at all. It had to do with our brand new three-story tree swing









And every time I turned around today I laughed to see this exact picture. Leia's favorite winter pastime: licking snow. : )
I just love the connotation of this picture: Big sister teaching Little Sister everything she knows. : )



Adding a new tradition courtesy of Laura Ingalls: Sugar Snow. (Snow mixed with real maple syrup.)
Why the title? Because we moved from the Chapel Hill to where we are now, only to have us get TWO inches while they got SIX. For goodness sake. Well, gosh darn it, we had fun in it ANYWAY!!! ; )

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a picture-perfect day! No doubt at all that this was the best snow day yet! I love the snow suits, I LOVED the angels, I LOVED! the swing, and most of all I LOVED!! the beautiful smiling faces and the MOM that made the day so much fun!! love you all - bushels