Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas Eve 2009

It was such a special and memorable Christmas Eve this year! First, it was breakfast strata at our house, . . . followed by our very first annual Christmas Eve Family Sing-A-Long around the Advent Wreath! It was so nice to share the special opening of the very last door of the Advent Calendar with both Oma and Papa, as well as April and Ben there to join us! Papa turned to me during the sing-a-long and exclaimed, "Lots of very special memories being made here today!" And as I was sitting there playing my guitar with the family singing around me, I knew that this had always been my biggest Christmas wish! Then it was off to Shoal Creek Farm again to pick out Oma's and Papa's Christmas Tree (better late than never, as a result of moving). Then it was on to Christmas Eve Mass, . . . where April was proud to see the girls wearing their flower girls dresses with a new homemade sash, . . . and accompanied by their matching American Girl dolls that she gave them! Then it was off to a wonderful Honey Baked Ham dinner at Oma's, . . . and then home to prepare. It wasn't long before the cookies were out, . . . and Santa paid us a visit! Looks like Santa tried to wake Leia to take her on his sleigh again this year, . . . the only difference was that Annie wanted to come, too! See the end of the post for the letter he wrote! : )







IT HAPPENED AGAIN! THIS TIME TO BOTH OF YOU! Annie for a short ride, leia for a long one. A sprinkle of stardust from the Christmas angel. A gift from Rudolph. A kiss from Mrs. Santa Claus. two snow-star cakes I made for you from the north pole snow. And we were home.
How you to do sleep so soundly!?! I whispered in your ear so that you both would be sure to remember our time together, but just in case you forget, I autographed your special snowman nightdresses. Maybe you can wear them next Christmas as well and think of me.
Leia, I am proud that you are treating your sister so kindly these days and for not judging Andrew. For these things I took you to a special place: Russia. I leaned over and told you where we were going and you mumbled a friend’s name: Kevin. Yes, I know little Kevin, adopted from Russia, very well. And to remember our trip there, Leia, I put my hand out of my sleigh to grab this special tiny doll for you to treasure. I have a friend in a toy shop there, close to where Kevin was born, and he was glad to oblige. Perhaps next year you can be awake enough to help me in yet another country.

Until then, the girls, . . . continue to honor Christ in your hearts each day! Saint Nicholas loves you, as does Jesus.

2 comments:

Nina said...

Ooooohhhhh.... You love Christmas like I do, Noelle!!! Kindred spirits. But I never would have dared to attempt the rides in SC's sleigh! I would not have been able to carry that one off! I have to know: what was the signature left on the nightgowns??? And what doll from Russia did Leia receive?

Codruta said...

Christmas Eve is as big as Christmas day, in Romania! I am so happy to see that people, other then me, give this day recognition!