Friday, March 26, 2010

Annie's Bunny Ears

Oh, it matters not what Annie was doing this pre-Easter season because, no matter what she was doing, she was wearing these bunny ears. : ) They became a permanent fixture whether she was trying out a new hairstyle with her sister, picking snowdrops for Oma to put in her yard, snuggling with her real bunny Peri, saying prayers at dinner ("For, thank you God for all the pets."), playing with the lite-brite, buying "hen and chicks" for the garden, making a snowcake, saying the Rosary, going to library storytime, or simply "playing bunny," . . . Annie ALWAYS had these ears on. Most of the time, in fact, she would say to anyone who would listen. "I am a bunny." "I am pretending to be a bunny." "No, Mamma, I'm a BUNNY!" "I am not a KITTY, I am a BUNNY." She wanted to READ about bunnies. She wanted to PLAY bunnies. She wanted to play WITH bunnies. She wanted to hop LIKE a bunny. And if she made a wish on either a wishbone or a dandelion puff, she would always wish for the same thing: a baby bunny. : )
















1 comment:

Nina said...

Maybe you should curb that desire to wear bunny ears??? (if you get my drift...)