Tuesday, March 2, 2010

The Last Big Snow 2010 (Hopefully)

Frolicking out into the very FLUFFY snow today, the girls wanted first to find a "stick just right for smacking a snow-covered tree," always astounded when the mounds of fluffy snow would "fwop" on top of them! : ) Then, as the heavy snow came down, we went searching for a good sledding hill. I'll admit, I have never seen snow this fluffy. We got 8.5 inches of snow if you measured it with a ruler, but if you stepped on it the total became only 2 inches! That's fluff! Note to self: fluffy snow is SLOW!!! Fluffy snow? Sled in pasture. Slick snow? Sled on road. Our first attempt was to sled on the road, . . . and that made for the slowest sledding in the history of man. LOL. Still, on the way over to the pasture, I had to take the girls picture in front of this snow-covered tree, . . . it looked just like it was in bloom with white flowers due to all the snowflakes resting on it. When we got to the pasture, I was VERY proud of the girls for not being scared (considering this is the place where Annie got her black eye). The girls and I always went down together, . . . and it was so safe! Today we went so very slow, we never got past the barn! This sledding was more fun, though, and Annie was a real trooper, . . . it was the first time she trudged back up the hill time after time to go sledding again and again, . . . always with Mamma. (And due to the "mitten grabbers" I bought, Annie's mittens never slipped off her hands! I'm SO glad I bought a bunch of those things: great for holding pants down and mittens on!) And yet, there was still a time when Annie convinced me to pull her back home. ; )





1 comment:

Nina said...

I'm sure the kids in my neck of the woods miss the snow!!! Lucky you!