Tuesday, March 2, 2010

An Easter Party (As It Snowed)

All morning, Leia Rose said she was making a "surprise" for me. Here it is: what she called "An Easter Scene," complete with a drawn easter basket and eggs along with all of her Easter themed animals. : ) Here she became excited about us having an "Easter Party" today as she stayed home from school yet again because of the snow. We created all sorts of drawn Easter decorations to put around (in addition to our usual Easter decorations that I also retrieved today). Annie even drew her very first bunny herself. We're still not sure why, but she HATED the thing. I had to make her finish it in order to try another one. All she wants to do these days is have someone else draw one that she can color. Go figure. Well, I'm saving this one anyway. Well, then it was time for the party with Beefaroni in their new Easter bowls I got from Cracker Barrel that just couldn't wait for Easter proper, and the special bunny tea set that Grandma gave to Leia when she was first born. (I keep that in my curio most of the time, just in case.) The girls even made an Easter Egg Cake in the Easy Bake Oven with purple-cherry frosting in the shape of an egg on top. : ) And, of course, we topped off the party with a rousing search for the "Resurrection Eggs" that remains my absolute favorite Lenten activity for children.








1 comment:

Nina said...

Adorable! I love that teaset! :)
Tell me more about resurrection eggs. Do you do anything with pretzels during Lent? I remember when I taught Sunday School that we made pretzels -- something about prayer.... can't remember. Did a brief Google search and see that it is a Catholic thing! So you must know about it! ;-)