Monday, July 19, 2021

Hawaii 2021: Flying to the Big Island


 Seeing in the map as we were flying was more exciting than ever, and I started to see the landforms that I knew from my cross country trip last year!
 The Mississippi river! You take
 The rocky mountains!
 The beginning of the great basin!
 More of the great basin!
 Then I started seeing land formations that I thought I could identify from a map. Like this lake with a strange little island in the middle.
 Found it on Google maps!
 
 We flew into LAX which is Los Angeles and I found Los Angeles even through the smog!
 We even saw the plane we were going to fly to Hawaii!

 Our 1st glimpses of Hawaii in 2021!



 A bit out of order but this is the LA area and thenOur 1st glimpse of the Pacific.





 Arriving on the big island! Note the open air airport!

No comments: