Monday, October 27, 2008

Leia's Birthday Treasure Hunt (Birthday # 4)

Laura, you'd be SO proud of me! . . . because I made the day after Leia's birthday extra exciting with a Birthday Treasure Hunt!!! : ) (Now, the reality is that I actually FORGOT to bring all the rest of Leia's presents for the dinosaur birthday. Why not make the most of a simple mistake stemming from frantic packing?) : ) And as a result, Leia Rose said, "Mamma, this is the BEST birthday thing EVER!!!" Yay!
First Leia Rose had to find the map, and to find it, I gave her this riddle: "It rhymes with 'chair,' but it's not on one. You use lots of these to get close to the sun."
And sure enough, she found it on a "stair"!!! (She's sporting her "I Love Dinos" shirt, by the way!)
Then Leia Rose followed the map to all of her remaining birthday gifts!
She even helped Annie retrieve her speciall "good little sister" gift (that I always include for the other child on each birthday). It was Annie's own fiber optic dinosaur light.
Leia spent a lot of time creating new works of art with two fabulous crayola caddies that I found, one for crayons and one for markers. This one is of a "mealy bug in a garden." : ) But it was Leia's new digital camera that Leia spent the most time with. : ) Like mother, like daughter I suppose. : ) To my surprise, her favorite thing was to play the little age-appropriate games on there. Her favorite is a rotation puzzle that takes her own pictures, breaks each one up into four pieces, and rotates each piece randomly. Leia is putting one back together here. The other thing Leia liked to do is to take videos of shows. (Which is just a fancy way of getting around our TV rules. *sigh*) She loved this UNTIL she ate up all the camera's memory, INCLUDING the 2g memory card I got for it, . . . and she CRIED!!! I told her that it's a lesson that all computer users have to learn, long videos eat up lots of memory. ; )

No comments: