Monday, October 20, 2008

Snow White! ("Dopey There!")

Once upon a time, a beautiful princess named Annie spied a book that I thought was going to have to be hidden for all time (because of Leia's reaction, both previous & current): My First Disney Story of Snow White.

As it stood, I had to remove all sorts of sticky notes that covered lots of faces. Ha! Anyway, Annie was mesmerized, and after every time I read it, she said, "Again!" : ) In no time, she had memorized all seven dwarfs (which she calls the "sen doors." This book was a mantra for weeks and weeks. Then I found the golden book of Snow White. Again, the binding hadn't even been cracked. (Ha!) And she liked that one too (even though it was a bit too old for Annie). Soooo, . . . today I decided to let Annie watch Snow White! She ran around all morning chanting, "Watch Snow White! Watch Snow White!!!" It was so cute!

And then, when the moment came, she either was mesmerized again . . .

or she exclaimed at every moment! She commented on animals & songs & the queen & the mirror, etc. etc. But her most favorite explanation was, "Dopey There!" (which sounded more like "Dopey Dare!"). She also got really excited about a waterfall during the High Ho song, that's what's in this picture.

And here, my friends, is a picture of the difference between Leia Rose and Annie in regards to Snow White. : ) But I was SURE proud of Leia Rose for watching it again. It was a real milestone for her to agree to this, . . . but alas, the truth didn't have the same effect on Leia Rose in this instance as it did with the mild reality of Yoda. : )[Snow White (both the book and the movie) caused Leia Rose to fear all Disney villains, and I consider showing her that movie to be one of my first real parental mistakes that affected Leia negatively (and still does). My original thought with her was, "Well, let's start with the first Disney movie!" not remembering that the first Disney movie has a VERY scary old woman / witch / queen in it.]

No comments: