Wednesday, March 18, 2009

A Baby-Play-and-Learn Morning

Today I decided to be industrious and do lots of activites from my favorite Baby-Play-and-Learn book! (And, of course, Annie wasn't as happy with me dictating activites as she is when she can dictate them herself. A child destined for montessori? I think so!) Anyway, we still had lots of fun!!! We did "Ring Around the Rosie" (one of Annie's favorites), and Things that Go Together (where we used a puzzle to show which two things went together, . . . which at least got Annie into puzzles again), and Dance Till You Drop, and Toss It, and Hide the Music (I hid the phone and then pressed the finder), and Toddler Bowling, and finally Paper Wrap: the focus of the pictures. Paper Wrap is supposed to highten a toddler's sensory perception by having them look at something common in a different way. Basically, you're supposed to take toilet paper or wrapping paper and wrap it around the child like a new set of clothes (stripping them down to the diaper is supposed to heighten the perception). After the child has their fun, they can have more fun by ripping it off! I thought it would add to the perception even more if Annie got to do this in front of a mirror. Annie thought this was REALLY cool (although I definitely got some looks that said, "Mamma, what the heck are you doing!?!")! . . . until she started feeling confined. Ha! She was definitely happier when she ripped it off!

1 comment:

Nina said...

Tell me the title of that book! Cathi needs it! And where did you find that fancy toilet paper?