Friday, June 22, 2007

Oma and Papa in Floam


Right before bath tonight, Leia had a streak of inspiration and decided she was going to make something out of floam (which acts a lot like play-doh except it's gooey stuff with little styrofoam balls embedded in it). She was busy working for a while, and then she came up to me and said, "This is Papa!" I took a look and couldn't help noticing that there was only one protrusion at the bottom. "Hmmmm," I laughed, "what's that?" "Oh," Leia said, "that's his leg. I haven't made the other one yet." I couldn't help laughing. And when she made Oma, I saw that Leia Rose might actually understand proportions! It was such a masterpiece, I had to include it. (And Leia was very excited that it was going on the blog.)

1 comment:

April said...

Those are really wonderful sculptures. You know, there were only a hand-full of Kindergarteners at the elementary school this year that made anything close to a 3D human figure out of the clay in art class- And that was towards the end of the year.

It is also impressive because it shows that she has an understanding not only of proportion, but of different body types.

Tell Leia I think her sculptures were awesome.

Love
April