Saturday, June 23, 2007

Whirlwind Saturday Afternoon

Today started out so calm! Ahhh, we had a leisurely breakfast and lunch, . . . and then the festivities began. First, the whole family was invited to Brooke Blutreich's birthday party at Meadowmont Swim Club. (And I'll have pictures once Lynda e-mails them to me. I forgot my camera of course.) It was really fun! I was happy to see that Leia Rose wanted to go down the waterslide. (She didn't want to go on it even once last year.) I took Annie on it as well. Leia Rose tootled around in her life jacket, and while she tootled, she saw two friends from school were there as well: Nyah and Natalie. Annie went in the pool too and splashed around. I have to watch her really close, though. She has gotten into this bad habit of leaning way forward (trying to look toward the bottom) and then breathing in the water. Even with me watching, it still happened once in the pool and once in the bath. Anyway, we had some wonderful food and cake. Brooke opened her gifts. Leia picked out a cool marble game for Brooke called Piranha Panic. And Leia cried when she found out that Brooke wouldn't be able to play it right then and there. Leia really wanted that game for her birthday, . . . until Brooke opened her next present: a Barbie jeep! Well, that's number one on Leia's list now.

Then it was off to the Saint Thomas More parish picnic. It was wonderful, as always. Leia went on the huge blow-up slide, a ride called the "whirly bird," the rock wall, and the moon-bounce. She ate popcorn, snowcones, and cotton candy. Brian ate a second barbecue dinner. Annie was in the Snugli the whole time amazed at all the goings-on and excited to take her first sips of lemonade. And I guess I should also mention that there was this 12 year old boy who was trying to impress Leia with his climbing skills (and by jumping off the top of the monkey bars). Is it starting already?

2 comments:

Karin said...

Fun! :) We actually saw that Piranha Panic game tonight at Wal-Mart when we were looking for a new family game to play. :) Kevin commented on it. Sounds like a good choice!!

Anonymous said...

again, I forgot all my troubles AND just couldn't stop smiling - what a delight this is! Kisses from Oma.