Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Whirlwind Morning!

Whew! This morning was just too much for me! First, the power went out before anyone was able to get ready for the day (and stayed off until 12:30). Next, Leia had a dentist appointment at 10 so Grandma was going to take care of Annie, but needed to be somewhere at 12. Third, Annie woke up after napping for only 20 minutes, and Grandma tried to tell me, but realized that our communications would be limited because both the power and the phones were out (this was because a work truck knocked over an entire telephone pole on the main road), so Grandma called me twice at the dentist's number because my cell was in the car. Everyone wanted to talk to me at the dentist office (plus I took pictures that I erased by mistake), but I just needed to get out of there because we had a playdate at 11:30 which would require us to go home, pack a lunch, and drive twenty more minutes! So from the dentist office I called Hollis and changed the playdate to our house at 12 (but to do that I had to call Grandma and explain how to get Hollis' number off our phone memory). And when we got home, the power was still out, Annie was hungry, and Grandma had let her sit on a poop for two hours!

This is beginning to sound like Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day.

Still, things calmed down after that, and we ended up having a very nice playdate. But note to self: this was too much for one morning. (The only reason why it happened at all was because I had forgotten Leia's dentist appointment and was surprised by the call reminder a couple of days ago.)

No comments: