Saturday, April 4, 2009

Annie's Fear of Creepy-Crawlies

As we planted our Yoshino Cherry Tree (an 8-footer that was only $50!), we found all sorts of fun things in the soil that Leia Rose and I absolutely LOVED! However, Annie wasn't thrilled with any of them. Ha! Here is Leia Rose showing Annie a wriggly worm. Annie was NOT happy about this, and DEFINITELY wouldn't hold it. Ironically, this is one fear that I can't figure out how it was created. (I can usually pinpoint a fear to a mistake of mine. Ha!) My guess is that some fears are just innate. And every time I see Annie be afraid of a little creepy-crawly, . . . I think of Karin (because she always was, too). : ) Another bit of recent evidence was that one day I saw a little spider on Annie's shirt and brushed it off. Silly me, I actually TOLD her what I saw. Then for the next 10 days, Annie would randomly say, "THERE'S A SPIDER ON THERE!" and I would have to "brush it off" again to appease her. Ha! : )

No comments: