Thursday, April 9, 2009

"The Jesus Show"

Today was so special for all of us, for we were invited to the 8th grade's presentation of the stations. And because of a random suggestion I made, it was the very first year it was performed in the Church! Everyone said that the Church vs. the gym made such a difference! You know, when I was in fourth & fifth grade, I participated in the same Stations of the Cross (my 4th grade year I was Mary and my 5th grade year I was one of the weeping women). I was so moved to see that the presentation was almost EXACTLY the same. Moving pictures with an abrupt stop as a narrator explains and prays. I was so overwhelmed with emotion that I cried, . . . at the very first station!!! And sitting in the front row with Leia's class, both girls were SO well behaved, I was speechless! (The funny thing was, though, that I had been describing this as "The Jesus Show" to Annie, so she wouldn't think she was simply here for a Mass, . . . and the first thing the teacher said when she introduced it was, "This is NOT a show, . . . this is a prayer!")

No comments: