Saturday, April 25, 2009

A Mother/Daughter Luncheon


There is just nothing like an afternoon out with your Mom to make you feel special! : ) After bridal shopping today, Leia Rose and I had a reservation at the Grove Park Inn's Sunset Terrace (perhaps my most favorite restaurant on earth) on the most PERFECT day ever for it! It was clear and 75 degrees with a fragrant spring breeze! We had a table on the edge, and we just LOVED it! After our delicious meal, we went for a walk down to the spa, so I could show Leia Rose what it was like down there (very relaxing, even with sounds and smells!). I told Leia Rose that a "spa" is for adults only (Leia was a bit miffed), . . . unless it says "kids' spa" in which case adults are NOT allowed. I told her that The Great Wolf Lodge has one of those called Scoops. I knew what was coming next: "Maybe Shenan and I could do that the next time we go there!" : ) Anyway, I just LOVE this hotel where everything just screams 1920's, . . . because it truly was the spot for the rich and famous to come back them to "escape." So we ended our trip with a tour of all the famous people that Leia Rose knew who had stayed there (and, yes, she only knew Fitzgerald because I had told her about the "Great Gatsby Room" in the hotel based on my favorite book). Here they are: F. Scott Fitzgerald, Helen Keller, Alex Haley, Thomas Edison, Henry Ford, and Eleanor Roosevelt. (Yes, there were many more famous people that I knew, but these were the ones that Leia Rose knew about. And I stood there amazed at just how much history Leia Rose actually knows!) : )































4 comments:

Nina said...

Yes, I am shocked at how much history Leia knows!!! My guess is that a large majority of 6th graders couldn't tell you who all of those people were!

Nina said...

Oh, yeah... the luncheon looks deee - vine!

Steph said...

Wow, what a cool place that is! I can't wait til Emma is old enough to do "Mother-Daughter" stuff like that. Don't get me wrong, I've done tons of great one on one stuff with Cooper, but I don't think I could get him to go dress shopping and/or have a "luncheon." ;) haha

Sarah said...

Finally searching back on your blog a bit. This is such a wonderful post. What a great memory that you both will have of a very special day. Not everyone has such a well behaved 6 year old either that would appreciate and know how to handle and enjoy lunch at the Grove Park with fancy stemware. What a great pair you make. Cute dresses too you hot mamma!