Sunday, June 29, 2008

Job Update: A Sign

At this point, everything is God's decision. ; ) I get my peace from that.

Today I lectored at Church. I almost couldn't get through it without crying. As for the reading I read today (2 Timothy 4:6-8), listen to the last part of it: "I am already being poured our like a libation, and the time of my departure is at hand. I have competed well, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. . . . The Lord stood by me and gave me strength, so that through me the proclamation might be completed and all the Gentiles might hear it. And I was rescued from the lion's mouth. The Lord will rescue me from every evil threat and will bring me safe to his heavenly kingdom. To him be glory forever and ever. Amen." And THEN there was one of the intercessions from the Prayer of the Faithful that I read: "For the world, . . . send us to every land, like a libation poured out, that all might receive the proclamation of Your Son."

Holy moly!!! I took these as a definite sign, . . . one I didn't even recognize as I prepared for my proclamation! Also, a week or so ago, I told Brian that, perhaps, our house was going to burn down with us in it in a matter of time. Or perhaps we would have been in a car crash. It could be any number of things that we will never know. At this point, I trust His Will, and now need to pray for happiness wherever we go. : )

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

and maybe your lives and your faith has to touch the life of somone (in another city) who is trying to find the way to Our Lord. I guess your beacon of hope can't be confined to just Chapel Hill! I love you - Mom