Sunday, July 13, 2008

Museum Aftermath

Okay, you KNOW I had to buy these edible, baked crickets!!! ; ) Leia was none too pleased. I told her she HAD to try one for the experience. She agreed. ; ) Notice I chose "Bacon & Cheese" flavor for Brian's benefit. Ha! Then we planned a tasting contest similar to when we all tried the "Bertie Botts Every Flavor Beans." A contest like that always gets Leia into it. ; )
Leia was brave enough to try the first one, . . . and she LOVED them! She thought they tasted just like a chip! That's my girl!
Then we tried one together (note that this is Leia's SECOND one). Not bad!
But Annie didn't like them.
And, um, Brian didn't like them either. (Are crickets a vegetable, Brian? Then why are you making your vegetable face? Ha!)
I just love this action shot of Leia Rose, in the middle of doing her "stomp rocket"! This is a REALLY cool and inexpensive toy that BOTH of the girls could do and LOVED. ; ) What amazed me most were Leia's own thoughts on the car ride home about how a stomp rocket might work: "Hmmm. I bet you step down and air goes through the tube pushing the rocket up on the other side." Oh my! Smart girl! (The picture also shows how pressure washing a home with bleach can ruin the finish on your driveway. Home owners beware!)
Even Annie could do this! What was REALLY hard was getting a picture of the rocket in motion! : ) It would go up REALLY high (okay, not when Annie did it, but STILL). ; )
Now here is a really telling picture! Leia Rose took time out of stomp-rocketing to EAT MORE CRICKETS!!!! HA!!!
And, for my poor little Annie, I got this really cool pull-back bug. I thought it would kind of be like the wind up toys she likes so much, . . . and it was actually SO much better! It really runs kind of haphazard, just like a real bug! (I honestly should have bought the set. Hmmmm, maybe for her birthday.)

2 comments:

LauraW said...

Okay, you all are SOOO Brave! I think I agree with Brian and Annie about the crickets...:)

Karin said...

Are those seriously crickets????!!!!!!