Monday, December 1, 2008

Decorating for Christmas


Leia Rose (and consequently Mrs. Sarah McDowell from Artgarden, I bet) was REALLY proud of me for this project! The girls MADE this wreath all out of recyled items! My plans were to throw away a cruddy wreath (the one we used to keep outside on our light pole), some poinsettia swags, and some old christmas lights that didn't work anymore. WELL, then I got a bright idea! Why not make something NEW and do it TOGETHER!!!???!!! So, armed with my hot-glue gun and a wire cutter, we removed all of the old cruddy "berries" on the wreath, and the girls decided the placement of all the times while I hot-glued them on. Fun & pretty!!!
And our project created a lot more little bits of wreath trash on the floor, . . . and Leia Rose took one look down and screamed, "I've GOT to get the reindeer! This is all REINDEER FOOD!!!"
So I got our special "Reindeer Treats" bowl, and the reindeer had a feast! : )
And during the whole process, Blossman Gas finally appeared to set our tank. So now we have a real fire!!! The girls were mesmerized!!! The snowman bubble-blower is always a favorite!
And just look at how I found Annie this evening: loving baby Jesus under the star!!! :
But the thing the girls spent the most time doing this year was looking at (and watching) the skating Charlie Brown figures that Santa brought last year (and that Mamma and Daddy were afraid Annie swallowed, . . . she didn't).

No comments: