Wednesday, November 12, 2008

"Plop!"

How can such an endearing phrase have caused us such a hassle? ; ) Well, I'll tell you, . . . a few weeks ago Annie started saying something when I took her out of the car and put her on the ground. And what she said, again and again, was "crap!" What!!??!! It never failed. She did it EVERY single time. I was starting to get concerned. Where did she hear this word?!? We CERTAINLY don't use that type of language around our children (and even when I let one slip with Brian after the kids are in bed once in a while, it's not my word of choice anyway). So the question remained: Where was Annie getting this language? Certainly they didn't use that word on either Noggin or Sesame Street?!? Then one-day I was semi-convinced that she was looking at my shoes and saying "crocs!" Nope. And then FINALLY today I figured it out. I was holding Annie in the kitchen and, when I put her down, said, "Plop!" I just sat down and laughed SO hard. Annie WAS getting it from me!!! But I wasn't saying "crap," of course. Ha! And I didn't even notice I was doing this! And now there have been quite a few times in the presence of strangers that I get a look of utter disgust with Annie's pronunciation, . . . and I have to explain myself. Ha!

No comments: