Monday, November 24, 2008

Second Day at Sea World

This morning our breakfast extravaganza was at Boma at the Animal Kingdom Lodge at Disney World. Again, SO fun! And we got to try Boboti & Fare & Natura: really cool African foods! (So sorry I probably spelled them wrong, Sarah.) I was a big fan of Fare, . . . it was like African grits!

Then it was just a hop, skip, and a jump to see the African spoonbills & pink flamingos.

AND THEN LEIA ROSE RODE HER FIRST ROLLER COASTER: THE SHAMU EXPRESS! And you know what?!? She LOVED it! : )


At the state fair it's the "Froggy Hopper," but at Sea World it's the "Flying Fiddler." Leia Rose loves this ride, . . . especially when she could go on it with Auntie April. Funny story about this ride. Annie could go on it, too. And Annie DID go on it once. BUT the ride has one of those black harnesses that come down over your head, . . . and at the end when it didn't come right off, Annie freaked out. A bit of claustrophobia, I'm guessing. We didn't go on again. And I think Leia Rose could have played all day on the huge net playground hovering above the kid area. I had never seen anything like it before! Then we went to see Clyde and Seymore, the sealions. It was a really funny show!



And finally it was time for us to see "Believe," the real Shamu show. Only, because of their "deal" with the animals, to never MAKE them do a show, . . . we didn't get to see much. I guess Shamu didn't want to perform today.

And my poor first-born! I always end up scarring her in some way. When she was two it was showing her Snow White. And today it was taking her on the log flume called Atlantis. I should have previewed it first. (At least I was smart enough to do this ride at the very end, . . . with all of our dry clothes within walking distance.) It was like Sea World's version of Splash Mountain, . . . except it featured a Gorgon lady with the snakes for hair through the whole thing. We sat in the third row in order for us not to get wet, . . . and we didn't get wet on the big drop. And I was just saying, "Look, Leia! We didn't get wet at all . . . . " when this huge water canon dropped a HUGE amount of water on us and we got soaked. All the people watching from the sidelines laughed. Well, Leia Rose immediately started screaming bloody murder: "I HATE THIS RIDE!!! GET ME OFF NOW!!!!" [The people only laughed harder.] I took my own advice at that point and laughed, and gave a thumbs up to the people watching. It was hard to tell what part of it bothered Leia Rose: the Gorgon? the big drop? the surprise of being soaked? the actual wetness? or most likely the LAUGHING? Probably the horrible combination of the three. BUT she was still brave enough to take her little soaked self and pose for an "I did it" picture! Good for you, Leia Rose! Mamma felt so bad that I bought both girls HUGE lollipops on the way out. ; )

No comments: