Saturday, January 5, 2008

Celebrating Aria & Kien

Today I threw a really fancy baby shower for my friend Karin Faulkner celebrating Aria & Kien, the twins that the Faulkners are going to get the "okay" to bring home from Vietnam any day now. I have a feeling that Aria and Kien are going to be GREAT friends of Annie's (there are only a few months difference in age). It was a wonderful brunch at The Carolina Inn (yes, in the Piedmont room yet again), including a special Mother's Blessing asking Jesus to "help Karin grow in love and wisdom," for this new mother of THREE. : )

The most precious thing about this table are the two piggy banks in the front. I purchased them for Kevin to decorate in honor of his new brother and sister, and he did such a good job! Everyone brought a handful of change to begin their college funds! : )

Everyone else there was from Karin's church in Cary. And I was SO impressed that all of them came all this way to Chapel Hill to celebrate Karin's motherhood! : ) Michele (in the middle) was especially impressed, in that she won the huge baby bottle full of candy and gift cards for guessing the correct amount within two pieces. : )

It was a really wonderful morning! And Karin later sent me a really beautiful orchid plant as a thank you! So unexpected and special! (Now if I can just keep it alive . . .) Karin further surprised me at the shower by honoring me! She was so happy and proud to mention my donation of mothers milk for Aria and Kien. What a surprise!

1 comment:

Karin said...

I just had to post an official thank you on your blog as well! Thank you for the fabulous shower!!!!!! :) :) :)