Thursday, January 31, 2008

Two Steps! +

Shhhhh, no one else knows this about tonight but, . . . ANNIE JUST TOOK TWO STEPS towards Cherry Chat Chat (who is now only called "ssssss" by Annie)! I was just about to read Annie some books before bedtime when I had put her down so she could pick them out. As I put her down, I held Cherry. Obviously, Annie wanted her back because she reached out and then I kept pulling Cherry just a tiny bit out of reach until she took two steps! No, I wouldn't call this really walking, but how much closer can we get!?! And no, I couldn't get her to do it again. : (

What follows are a few pictures of Annie with her beloved shape-sorters. Funny that Annie adores them while Leia never payed any attention to them at all! So neat to see different likes and dislikes emerging!
This yellow one is Annie's absolute favorite toy right now. It's the one she goes to very first, . . . but she always needs help with it. *sigh* Hard to do when you're trying to cook breakfast. : ) Sometimes Leia Rose helps Annie with the sorting. (She is ALWAYS holding that green circle, by the way.)
And sometimes she attempts sorting on her own. She's also saying lots of words on her own, too. Yesterday she added "Bell-buh-buh-buh" (bellybutton) and today she added "poon" (spoon) and "pop" (popcorn).
Leia Rose came home today determined to draw "Cow Jump Over the Moon." She called it that because it's the same picture a little boy draws on an episode of "Elmo's World." (I like Leia's version better.) This is the first time Leia has tried to draw a "sideways" moon. And you just got to love that cow! : )
And here is a picture of Leia Rose laughing really hard at Ernie and Bert's "lump in my oatmeal!" line. : ) Every morning when Leia wakes up for school, "lump in my oatmeal" is the first thing she says, . . . and it always puts her in a good mood. : )

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ANNIE! TWO steps! FANTASTIC!! I bet in a few days you won't even want to crawl anymore : )
Ilove you.