Monday, January 14, 2008

Annie's Ears

This is what Annie's ears looked like today after I changed her diaper! Yikes! I have been doing the drops faithfully, but the recent discharge coming out of them is really scary to me! I am so glad we have a doctors appointment tomorrow. It'll be really interesting to see what Dr. Stephens says about this, and if Annie needs further antibiotics after all. (I'm especially worried because it seems as thought Annie's left ear isn't accepting the drops as well as her right ear.) And it is incredibly hard for me, as a mother, to hold my child down as she cries while I wipe discharge out of her ear and then add new drops, keeping her down for five minutes an ear. The sweet little dear has only a vague inkling that I'm doing this because I love her. By the end of the evening, I was crying too. : (

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness,

Poor Annie.

Karin said...

yikes!! That's awful!!! :(