Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Curly Top

Leia Rose has been wanting to curl her hair for some time now, so I finally told her that we could do it for today! So first we stayed up late to do the curling (but unfortunately Leia Rose has the kind of hair that doesn't accept curl too well), . . . and then we got up early to do the curling again. Leia was VERY proud of the way she looked and, if we had time, we would have painted fingernails, too. But we didn't. Thought it would be fun here to document the process. (Hey Karin, won't it be fun to do this kind of stuff with Aria?!?)
No, Leia didn't do any of it herself, but I needed somebody to hold the iron while I took a picture. Actually, I was so scared of touching Leia's head with the thing that I stayed about an inch away every time and kept putting my hands over her ears. (This is a result of me actually burning my friend Jenny Rose's forehead when I was in college and trying to curl her hair. She wasn't the only one who was scarred. Sorry Jenny.) I'm happy to say that it was a totally safe process and Leia's only comment was, "Ahhhh, this makes me feel warm!"


Doesn't Leia look like she could play Little Orphan Annie?!? (Maybe for Halloween next year! Even Leia Rose noticed the similarity!)
And here she is before school, holding Mrs. Schnell's late birthday picture. It was hard for me to let this one go with it's pretty rainbow and flowers. : ) [Mrs. Schnell would tell me later that Leia's hair was the hit of the day today at school, and that Price came over to her at least three times and said, "Hey, where'd ya' get that hair?!?"]
Just have to put in a little Annie sidenote here: Annie and I read books for an hour this morning! She is really having fun picking out the books herself, now that I have put lots of her favorites in the cabinet of the diaper changing table. (Although I'll admit that book-reading is no longer a "winding-down" activity, as a result.) Annie especially goes for the little flap book called Open the Barn Door (which she always looks at me and excitedly exclaims "Moo, Moo!") and the Sesame Street Peekaboo, I See You! where she has to lift the hand-flaps to play peekaboo with Elmo and such.

3 comments:

Karin said...

Cute!! :) Yes, that will be fun!

LauraW said...

So Cute!! Can't wait to see you guys! And, my new red appliances came today:)

Anonymous said...

Leia, I loved your cow and sideways moon! and your hair looks so fancy and beautiful - like you are ready to go to the ball and dance the night away!