Friday, May 16, 2008

Pine Crest Day Camp, Here We Come!!!

Nothing makes me more sentimental than seeing my children share in the same experiences and the same traditions that I shared as a child. This is why I get so teary-eyed at Christmas and a bit misty at Disney World. : ) Well, today was another one of those days, . . . because in the last week or so we have cemented our plans to let Leia Rose go to Pine Crest Day Camp in Ft. Lauderdale Florida for one week this summer! I have seen a lot of camps now in a lot of different states, and I'm telling you that this is the absolute BEST camp I have ever come across. (Therefore, yes, I was really spoiled in that PCDC was my ONLY camp experience as a child. When I grew up, nothing seemed to be good enough.) This is a BIG deal not only because I went there for years and years and then was a counselor there (also for years and years), but because they usually don't allow children to go for just a week. I had to use my "pull" and my sister's pull to get permission from the director, Karen Dunne, who was the assistant director when I worked there. Anyway, Leia's going (which has always been a dream of mine)! And we're all so excited! So, in addition to letting Leia Rose covet the Pine Crest Day Camp brochure (or "book" as Leia calls it), they also have a DVD on line. So here are Leia Rose's first impressions of REAL PCDC:
At the beginning of the video she was saying "Wow!!!" and asking questions like, "You mean they have a zip line across the lake?!?" "Did they just say they had THREE pools?!?" "And I get to go in the pool EVERY DAY?!? YAY!!!" And, you know, I just couldn't help crying. : )
And by the end it was a big, "YEAH!!!!!" as her sentiments echoed the screen which said, "Are you ready to have the BEST SUMMER of your LIFE?!?"

Would you like to experience the video that Leia is so excited about? (The file was too big to post on blogger.) Go to www.pinecrest.edu and then go to the tab that says summer. Under summer, hit the Ft. Lauderdale button and on the right side of the screen, scroll down to Day Camp. There's a link to the video right there. : )

1 comment:

Karin said...

That's great! :)