Thursday, March 13, 2008

Annie's Stride Rite Sandals

Today I took Annie out to buy her very first pair of new Stride Rite shoes at the exact same Stride Rite store where I took Leia Rose. (I wanted to wait until Annie was truly walking to buy these because, otherwise, Mammas just get upset when crawlers scuff the toes.) I was surprised that Annie screamed and screamed while Jennifer was measuring her foot, but I suppose I didn't prepare her well enough. I'm so glad we did the measuring, though, because Annie turned out to be a 5 1/2 WIDE!!! (I have noticed that her feet have a little "fat pudge" sticking out when she wears Leia's old Mary Janes. That's why.) My guess was a Size 5, medium. Thank goodness for knowledgeable salespeople!
The store was empty, and the salesperson named Jennifer was very nice. Annie was pretty leery at first, though, . . . until Jennifer wanted to see Annie's kitty. Annie complied, but only at arms length. Ha! [Ironically, Annie is standing on the exact spot where Leia Rose pottied right on their floor a few fittings ago. Ha!]
Here's a tiny dream fulfilled: matching Stride Rite sandals for my girls. Hard to tell whose is whose, huh? That's because Annie is a 5 1/2 wide and Leia is an 8 medium! Basically a two-size difference for a four-year age difference! Wow! Ironically, it's the same style featuring the Natural Motion System that Strite Rite has been making for YEARS. How do I know that? Because I have the exact same pair size 3 1/2 that Leia wore at 18 months. : ) And sadly, it'll be Leia's last pair, in that the Natural Motion System only goes up to Size 8 (Leia's size). Then there's no point in buying Stride Rite anymore. But for right now, my girls have matching Easter sandals (which will be the sandals they wear all-day every-day this summer). I'll take some pictures of them in their new sandals on Easter Sunday, but not before.

1 comment:

Karin said...

Very cute!! :) How fun!

I have actually never bought Stride Rite shoes. Kevin's shoes have always come from Target or Payless. EXCEPT for his Robeez, of course!! Those were the only thing we wore for a looong time!!! :)