Thursday, March 20, 2008

Special Sick-Day Art

I have had two brushes forever. They are wood, & the varnish was wearing away. They looked horrible. And for the longest time I have wanted Leia Rose to paint them. I originally wanted them for a birthday present, then a Christmas present, . . . and now we're on to Easter. (Hey, I'll take what I can get.) And since Leia was already painting her dinosaur, it was a perfect time!
Leia Rose painted herself on the long skinny handle and her sister on the shorter fatter handle! Is there any question as to whether I am going to treasure these?!?
And on the back she painted Pooh & Piglet by a river, and then Pooh watching a sinking honey pot. (Yes, she was watching Winnie the Pooh while painting these! Ha!)
Leia Rose has been working for hours on her special dinosaur puzzle. I think it cemented in her mind her goal to become a paleontologist. : ) This is a perfect example of Mamma picking the colors (to match Leia's room), and Leia Rose taking it from there. A true collaborative effort!
And here is the final product! I'm sure this will be on display in Leia's room until the end of time! ; ) Thanks, Miss Laurie for a fabulous birthday present! And sorry it has took us so long to actually get to it!

1 comment:

Karin said...

The brushes are awesome!!! :)

She's still sick?? :(