Monday, March 17, 2008

Failed Flowers / Fifths / Furry Friends

I truly thought this would be a cute spring picture at Fearrington Village, . . . until crying ensued. Ha! (Annie's so cute when she cries!)
Okay, new development: despite how beautiful Leia Rose looks in this picture, it proves she has Fifths Disease / Slapped Cheek (called so for obvious reasons). I'm recording it here about both girls so they won't have to worry about it when they are married and expecting someday.
And proof that Annie had it the week before. In children, Fifths often shows up only as a rash and a mild fever. If an adult gets it, the joints are majorly affected. I'm feeling a bit run down today. Oh no.
And look who joined us on our back porch, hoping to get some birdseed tonight! I have to say, these raccoons were very young, and oh so cute and fluffy and friendly (as I looked at them through the safety of a window)! A shame they couldn't be pets!

2 comments:

Karin said...

The picture would have been very cute - but now it's funny instead! ;) What a cool daffodil!!

Karin said...

Wow! about the raccoons!!!

And again, I'm sorry Leia's sick!!