Thursday, March 27, 2008

First Boat Ride of 2008



Every since she turned two, Leia Rose always poses herself in the same way each time she goes for a boat ride on Lake Murray. : ) On the first ride of the visit, she creates a song that she sings continuously again and again. "And it goes with the fastness of the boat. See? Right now I'm singing slow because the boat is going slow. Then I will sing fast when we're going fast." This time it was to the tune of "Shoe Fly Don't Bother Me":
Fishies, you wanna swim with me?
Fishies, you wanna swim with me?
Fishies, you wanna swim with me?
Because I love it so!
(And on the last day she changed it to, "Plankton, you wanna swim with me?" etc. : )

Annie's first tendency is to vegetate, feeling just like a rag doll, while we are boating. This goes on for a VERY long while while she is passed from person to person each getting their share of loving. : )






Because of all the wind, there were lots of those clouds called "mare's tails" that I was excited to show to the girls. Ironically, the wind didn't make for as bumpy a ride as I thought. In fact, compared to ocean-going, the whole thing was quite smooth, even when there were white caps! In addition, because it was in the middle of the week, there was NO ONE on the lake! We had it all to ourselves!!! : ) The only thing was, even when it was eighty degrees in town, we all had to wear wind-resistant jackets! Brrrr! That wind chill factor was really getting to us! : )



After vegging for a long while in lots of laps, Annie always wants to kneel, hold onto the rail and look straight out. I think I would have been scared to death if that loop of rope wasn't tied taught around my leg!!! Luckily, Annie never tried to either walk off the dock or jump off the boat. Whew!
Leia Rose creates such neat playtime games on the porch! This time, the cars were waiting to be serviced. : )

No comments: