Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Tippy-Toes

Today, when we came in from playing outside, I caught Annie walking tippy-toe all around the room! I'm not sure if she was simply trying out a new thing, . . . or if she had sand on her heels. ; ) But it was so very cute!

Just a little side note: I have noticed just in the last few days that Annie tries so hard to speak in sentences. As of now, they are all jargon (except for the words she already knows). But at least she has an intense desire! And her manners are amazing! She can say "please" (but not "thank you" yet) and today when I sneezed while breastfeeding her (I purposely didn't say excuse me so as not to disturb her) she detached and said, "Gah-blah." (God bless you.) And one of her favorite books to read remains, Excuse Me: A Little Book of Manners. ; )

And yes, you didn't read wrong, we are back to breastfeeding again. This is my fault. It was just too hard to find a private place to pump at the lake a few weeks ago, so I took to letting Annie feed again instead. Now she actually asks for "noh" ("milk") in the morning, before nap, and before bed. When she's done with one side she'll ask for "noh" ("more"). No, you didn't read wrong, it's the same word. ; ) (It can also mean "no.") ; ) Oh well, did we revert or what?

And Annie is quite the picky eater these days as well. If she decides she doesn't want something at the beginning of the meal? Watch out, cuz it's goin' on the flo. Ha! There are so many times that we have to MAKE her eat a bite, . . . at which point she loves whatever the item is and then eats the rest. *sigh* We're mostly having trouble with protein, . . . which I have to mix into whatever starch is available. And right now I'm struggling to find a whip-it-out type of meal that takes less than two-minutes to fix. She seems to reject part or all of everything. Uh! When will the day come when I'll be able to tell her, "Okay, you need to eat five more bites of your chicken before you are done."

On to Leia now, . . . Leia Rose has been so very lovey lately! Mamma loves this! Funny thing, though, this is how the snuggling part of the bedtime routine usually goes: "Oh Mamma! I just love you so much! I would have to say 'so' again and again for days to show that I love you so so so so much! I want you to stay here all night! I want you to snuggle with me while we sleep! I just want your arms around me and for you to hug me the whole time! . . . . Could you please leave now?" Ha!

1 comment:

Karin said...

ha! Cute stories :)