Friday, October 12, 2007

Annie Learns about Family

Recently, Annie has been really fascinated with our wooden dollhouse in the family room. Since she went over there today and got out the dolls, I took that opportunity to teach her about family. (As an aside, I have to say that you know I'm not good with spontaneity, . . . so I was really proud of myself for letting Annie take the lead this morning. Why the heck can't I do this more often?!?)
The funny thing about teaching Annie about the four members of this family (Daddy, Mamma, Big Sister, and Baby) was that every time I showed her one, she flung it behind her with such force that they hit the dryer in the laundry room! Then she would turn around and crawl after them. Funny!
Appropriately, we actually have a 20 minute Elmo episode just about family! I showed her the revised version of that one today. (Why revised? Hmmm, . . . that's a topic for another blog. : ) Hey, it looks like Elmo is holding Annie's attention a bit better these days. Maybe we should start this as a regular thing?

Yet another aside, . . . Leia Rose wore this outfit all through the winter of her one-year-old year. Hmmm, it's too small for Annie already.

No comments: