Friday, October 5, 2007

Annie Love

Every time I go in to Annie after a nap, she always stands, gives me big smiles, and then holds my hand and sucks her thumb while standing. I've been wanting to capture this moment for a while now!
And lots of times when we're all playing together, Annie will simply reach back and hold out her hand to me, . . . just to make sure I'm there. Such a comfort. Such a cutie! : )
Here are two koosh balls, . . . oh wait, the first one is Annie's hair! Ha! I'm struck by the similarity! Anyway, we always have problems with Annie wanting to stand in the tub (especially when I'm trying to dry myself off), so recently I have been giving her this purple koosh ball to look at. It's really funny to watch her because what she likes to do is pull the little rubber band strands way out until they snap back. Then she looks at the empty hand and wonders why there's nothing in it. : )

Here's the face Annie makes when I hold her high after wrapping her up in her butterfly hooded towel. : ) (This is our every-night after-bath tradition!)

Every day after nap Annie is so excited to see me. I wanted to capture some of her joy. I just love the faces, smiles, and sounds she makes here (as she does after every nap). She always brightens my day. You're right, Oma, Annie really is "Little Miss Sunshine." : )

2 comments:

Karin said...

So sweet about sucking her thumb while holding your hand! :)

Anonymous said...

Holding your hand like that is definitely Annie's way of saying "I love you sooooo very much, Mama". So glad you captured it! Love - Mom/Oma