Thursday, February 7, 2008

Picnic & Sand

After school today, we had a nice lunch/snack picnic in the yard, enjoying once again the record-breaking February weather.
And Leia Rose made a really cool "house" with large sticks and a pine straw roof! (Leia took a very well composed picture, I think. She was really worried, though, that I would knock the roof down. I didn't.)
It wasn't long before the Richards joined us, and Leia and Chloe spent lots of time on our swings and then lots of time on their bikes. (I love how Annie is peeking at me from inside the wagon here.)
Just a little side note: We found a great way for Leia to ride safely down our driveway (and for me to pull her safely back up), just loop a jump rope around the back seat!


Leia Rose and Mia enjoyed some long, peaceful moments petting their pet kitty named "Taco." : )
And Leia and Chloe made a "sand cake" on the top of an old tree stump as well as a "sand sign" that was what Leia called "a cat attract." ; )
But it was Annie who REALLY had a blast in the sand! It took going over to Mia's to remind me about the joys of sand. Why the heck haven't I taken Annie to our own sandbox yet?!? Well, I have been afraid she'd eat it. Well, today she DID eat some. ; ) But not too much. We'll be playing in sand a LOT more often now, I think (and taking a LOT more baths). ; )
But on the downside, . . . look at this dirty child!!! But who cares! I'm willing to sacrifice a little cleanliness for lots of real FUN! ; )

1 comment:

becca said...

Thanks for sharing your blog Noelle - i'm impressed at how much goes into all of this :)
The girls and I enjoyed these impromptu playdates so much (i think the unscheduled ones are the funnest!) Look forward to lots more fun with the 4 girls!
Rebecca