Saturday, February 9, 2008

Virginia Playground & Sleepover

After the party, we all headed over to the neighborhood playground to play "haunted bridge" inspired by Scooby Doo. Daddy was a very good moaning ghost. : )
Shenan's neighborhood has a really wonderful rolling/sledding hill that the girls had a ball rolling down. Even Annie took a turn!
Then we all rolled down together (including me)! And the girls all rolled into a pile! : )
Hey girls, this is supposed to be a SLEEPover! There was no sleep to be had for a while. Lots of reading Scooby books, though. : ) Until . . .


Note to Self: the way to get kids to sleep during a sleepover is to tell them the time when they have to go to sleep, remind them a few minutes beforehand, and then sit outside the door and "shhhhhh" them every time you hear a sound. Works every time. Thanks Laura! You're a genius!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a cool bridge game! I think I would do a troll/3 Billy Goats Gruff version. I'll have to try that someday when I have 3 grandchildren. ;-)

Karin said...

Very cool! :) Somehow I missed these weekend posts.