Wednesday, July 18, 2007

"Head Tilt," Separation Anxiety, + LEIA SKIPS

Here is Annie playing her famous "Head Tilt" game with me. She created this one herself! It involves tilting her head to the side, . . . when you follow suit she'll do it again. : )

Since we made all those cookies this morning, we couldn't go over to Heidi's house to play today. But because we were invited, we decided to drop by for a few minutes right before ballet class. Annie loved played with Heidi's old playgym. As you can see from her face though, she's just starting separation anxiety and wasn't happy when I got up to take this picture. Got to love that Mamma's Girl!



. . . and Leia loved doing "pillow slide" off of Heidi's really cool bed!


Then we went to ballet again, (Leia is on the left, right next to her good friend, Olive). Can you believe this picture was taken though the one-way mirror?!? (Great camera!) And Annie was as good as gold the whole time. There was even a boy in class today, . . . I kept trying to tell Leia Rose that boys sometimes took ballet too. I dont' think she believed me until today. And even though I didn't get a picture of it, I thought it was hilarious that the teacher had the kids do a particular ballet position that was the exact thing Leia used to do when she said, "Look, I'm doing ballet!" which just involved her putting her hands on the floor and lifting up one leg. I always thought she was just pretending or trying to do ballet, . . . turns out she was really doing it all along! : ) The other amazing this today was that I saw the teacher model skipping across the floor, beckoning for the kids to do the same. I started shaking my head thinking, "Oh boy, here's something Leia Rose certainly can't do because she just tried it last week to no avail." Suddenly, Leia Rose was skipping across the floor! I couldn't believe it! Good job, Leia!


Then later, like father like daugher, Brian and Leia Rose begrudgingly eat their watermelon (which would have been left on their plate until kingdom come, . . . if I didn't make them eat it).

No comments: