Friday, July 27, 2007

Puppet Show

Today Leia Rose specifically requested putting on a Three Little Pigs puppet show. So she got out her finger puppets and we began. She wanted me to do the story first.



She was particularly tickled by the end when I had the wolf say, "Oh! You burned my bunnels!" when he fell down the chimney into the soup. I just love capturing that laughter!


Then she was content to try the story on her own and did a very good job.

I just had to show you a bit of Leia's fantastic rendition!


The next time I performed, Leia Rose added some humor by having the wolf be attacked by a man-eating shark.


Finally, Annie woke up to join the fun. She particularly found it funny when Leia Rose would bring the puppets right up close.




The next story was called "Butterfly and Kitty."



And this next one I was supposed to guess. Leia Rose said, "It's an animal in the horse family, but it's not a horse." I kept guessing "pony" and "zebra" and "donkey." Finally, I gave up and Leia Rose said, "Uh! Mamma, it's a giraffe. A giraffe is actually a member of the horse family." I asked her and, yes, she had learned that from Zoboomafoo. Well, thank you Chris & Martin Kratt. : )

No comments: