Monday, November 5, 2007

Annie Says "Book" +

I was so busy trying to get a video of this that I missed the actual picture, . . . but anyway, this morning Annie and I were looking at the "My First Board Books" and Annie said "gook"! It was so exciting! . . . and then there was the fun bikeride on the bobike mini. : ) Annie felt so comfortable that she fell asleep! Just as I noticed she was nodding, a car pulled up beside me and the man said, "That is the absolute cutest thing I've ever seen! . . . Do you know she's falling asleep?" Of course, as soon as I pulled into the garage, she woke up, . . . so no picture was possible. : ( I guess sometimes I just have to live life, huh? : ) The whole thing was so funny because, at the beginning of the ride, I thought of the time when Leia Rose fell asleep in the same situation. I thought of it because I knew Annie was tired. I kept her from a nap today in trying the new one-nap thing. I can't say it worked really well, actually. Annie was rubbing her eyes and whining a bit for Mamma's milk at 10:30 or so. Then she couldn't go down for a nap until 2:30 (because I had to pick up Leia, of course). Then her nap was fretful and she woke up very grumpy. Not good. Perhaps we'll try going back to two naps tomorrow. Annie's so go-with-the-flow, . . . there's no reason why I can't be more like that, too. We'll probably be able to do Gymboree this winter, anyway (because the class starts at 9:30).
Annie ate so much at dinner tonight, I just had to take a picture of a proud "all done" sign and saying. : ) I have been trying to give Annie a spoon or fork with every meal now, encouraging her to try a few bites that way each time. She gets frustrated fast, but she'll learn. Today though, she resorted to eating handfuls of Broccoli Rice AuGratin. Leia and I couldn't help quoting Laurie Berkner, "I'm a mess! I'm a mess! I'm a big old messy mess! From the South to the North from the East to the West, what I am is a really, really, really big mess!" But a happy mess at that! (No wonder I glued a picture of a piggy on her collage treasure box! We love you Annie!) : )
Okay, I finally got this picture! The other day I was amazed and amused at how a mouthful of shredded cheese looks just like horribly yellow scraggly teeth! : )
And here's something special from Leia's work folder a long time ago that I just found out about (and we just gave away as a thank-you gift). It's a painting of our personal shopper, Angela! Today we gave her the painting as a thank you for an amazing birthday gift of two stuffed animals (one of which sings) and a framed needlework of Leia Rose's name.

No comments: